Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Enunciation

If you, or your children, need to work on your enunciation, tongue twisters are a fun way to improve! When you start getting good, put a pencil between your front teeth and try again. If you master that, use marbles like Audrey Hepburn in My Fair Lady. Also like Ms. Hepburn, I would caution you to be careful not to swallow. ;-)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/285000/images/_289882_eliza300.jpg

Here is a great website...1st International Collection of Tongue Twisters, you have to choose what language, and there are over 400 in English!

I did this with my children, some had lazy speech patterns. This helped immensely. I also have a daughter who performs, and has aced auditions because she does not trip over her words when she speaks. She is a nearly flawless tongue twister, reigning champion in our home...she unseated me in that title!

1 comment:

Lily said...

For whatever reason, this post seems to generate TONS of spam. FYI, the link is fine and works perfectly well. Anonymous may stop leaving me comments to fix the link and to send emails. I will mark all such comments as spam unless they are from a real person who can be traced back to another blog. Of course, if the link does break down, I would be glad to fix it.
~The STAFF at Never Fading Wood.