Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Proud to be a Papist!

http://www.getreligion.org/wp-content/photos/Pope_Benedict.jpg

I am always pleased to be a papist, but I am flushed with pride today as I read about the meeting between our "Catholic" Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi and Pope Benedict XVI.

It was gratifying to read how she was denied a photo op and instead received much needed instruction. I pray we will see some changes in her behavior.

One has to wonder what would motivate Nancy Pelosi to request a meeting, did she not realize she would have to answer for a few things?

2 comments:

Desert Dogs California said...

"The Vatican released remarks by the pope to Pelosi, saying Benedict spoke of the church's teaching "on the dignity of human life from conception to natural death." "
He said that very Well! I hope their conversation softened her heart.

deb said...

Hooray for our pope. Although I respected him before, my respect has grown even greater.