Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Voting Today

I have decided to vote today, and I will cast my vote for McCain/Palin.

I've decided that despite his position on ESCR, I must go with the lesser-of-two-evils.

Despite my nausea, I will cast this vote, in NYS where it doesn't really matter anyway, because even though my vote will not count in any meaningful way, my voice should hopefully be heard through canceling an Obama vote.

I have decided not to vote third party, lest it work in favor of Obama. Any vote not for McCain in this election is almost like voting for Obama by proxy. It is just putting your vote into a pool of votes for naught, which ultimately takes the votes away from McCain, who although imperfect, has not sworn to make FOCA a priority in his first 100 days.

The winner in this election will likely nominate Supreme Court Justices, and I cannot sanction giving this power away to Obama because I refused to vote or because I voted third party which resulted in McCain losing votes; I honestly believe that those voting third party are doing so because they detest Obama.

A vote for McCain in this election is a vote for the lesser-of-two-evils. And there you have it. I'm going to vote and I've been sick about it for weeks now.

I'm going to be grateful for my lack of television tonight, although I've traditionally enjoyed election night coverage more than any other day in the year...it is always so entertaining to watch the newscasters forget themselves in their excitement and react to the data where their personal feelings are worn on their sleeves and their professionalism (or the guise of it) is completely lost. It actually is news television at its best...pure entertainment, absolutely zero value.

Tonight I will be grateful for the inability to watch the fiasco, and I will find out in the morning. I've done all I can, and now I will fast, pray, and go help out at the local school this morning, after I visit the voting booth.

No comments: