Monday, July 19, 2010

It's Monday....

It has been a couple of weeks since I last participated, I've been busy with studying :).

Here is what I finished and reviewed in the last week or so:

The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie
Loved it.

The Lighter Side of Life and Death
Hmmm, read the review!

Olive Kitteridge
This one surprised me!

What I'm reading now:

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
This has been on my reading list for a while, and the book club at the library is reading it this month. I am never able to participate in their discussion as it is always while I am working, but I am often interested in their books. There were just so many copies sitting in the "Hold" cabinet that I just helped myself!

The Teenage Liberation Handbook
Subtitle: How to quit school and get a real life and education. I'm a home educator, and I'm intrigued. I hope I have time to read it before it is due.

The Masked Monkey
A Hardy Boys Mystery that I promised my little monkey I would read to her, as a read-aloud.

The Big Book of the Berenstain Bears
A read aloud with my 6-year-old.

I'm sure there are more...I am also continuing my studies, and I am knee deep in summer camp, swim lessons, tween summer activities, All-Star baseball season. Oh, and did I mention, my two little girls have either Coxsackie virus or Strep? I haven't decided which yet, though I am leaning towards strep :/ blech.

To join the meme.

3 comments:

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Welcome back! I want to read the Olive Kitteridge book and hope it surprised you in a good way :)

Lily said...

Yes, Sheila, it was in a very good way!

Unknown said...

I loved The Guersey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society - made me want to start writing letters to random strangers in the hope they would write back! Sounds like a great week lined up.
My Monday is here
http://kyliesreads.blogspot.com/2010/07/its-monday-what-are-you-reading_19.html