Saturday, October 4, 2008

And So It Begins...



This poor woman. This is beyond sad and will likely be repeated over and over and over again. Any person who says things are not so bad, that we are becoming alarmists, is fooling themselves.

The concluding paragraph in this article reads:

Home foreclosure rates are at record highs in the United States, in many cases because buyers with adjustable interest rates could not keep up with sharp increases in monthly payments. The foreclosure crisis has sparked a wider housing market downturn and is at the heart of the U.S. financial crisis.

May God have Mercy!


LORD Jesus Christ, eternal and merciful God,
Creator and Redeemer of all, listen to my prayer.

For the love Thou doth bear to those who ask forgiveness,
look on me with mercy, as once Thou didst look on Mary Magdalen,
and on Peter who denied Thee.
Look on me, Lord Jesus Christ, as Thou didst looked at the thief on his cross
and on every sinner whom Thou hast ever forgiven.

Look on me, merciful Lord, as Thou didst look on Thy Mother, Mary,
standing in sorrow beneath Thy Cross.

Let me feel in my heart her compassion for Thee,
and let my eyes weep for Thy sorrows, caused by my sinful life.
Call me back from the darkness to my Father's house, give me a new heart
and a place at Thy side in the banquet Thou hast prepared for me.
Amen.
HAIL, Mary, my joy, my glory, my heart and my soul!
Thou art all mine through thy mercy, and I am all thine.
But I am not thine completely enough.
Destroy in me all that may be displeasing to God.
Place and cultivate in me everything that is pleasing to thee.
Amen.

1 comment:

Mary Bennett said...

Our newspaper doesn't even print the foreclosures anymore. Driving to the store the other day, we noticed that a house on our route no longer had a for sale sign in front of it but a date for when it was going to be auctioned.

Sad, sad times. If the mortgage crisis doesn't get you, the rising toxes on your house will. :( Where will it ever end????