Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A MUST READ

One of my favorite bloggers is Ryan, aka Athanasius Contra Mundum. This is a fabulous post from him, a MUST read in my opinion. At this time as we are so involved in the politics of our land, grappling with our consciences about the right choices to make, Athanasius brings home a timely reminder that brings back in to perspective that which ought to be in the forefront of our minds. Yes, national politics is important because we cannot forget the living and forget to protect the innocent, we cannot forget about social justice. But more importantly, we must always remember who the Savior of the world is, who is our King, and how we must ALWAYS be ready to face him. Her is an exerpt...click the title, it is a link to his post.

How many people are there, who not only delay a thought of death until it confronts them, but also, say idiotic things like "I'll convert on my deathbed!" I can not tell you how many people, be they Catholics or Protestants, justify their evils by claiming they will convert on their deathbed? How many more non-believers who entertain some thought of afterlife, say "well, I'll convert on my deathbed." What if there is no deathbed? What if....


Go read the rest!

No comments: