Monday, September 13, 2010

All Sorts of Emotional

This picture was taken by The Oldest when we went with friends to the Bridge of Flowers.


Today is the day my husband starts his full-time job, after 14 weeks and 2 days of unemployment. And he found a very good job which should be secure and stable for a long time to come. Thanks be to God for that.





Today is also the day that we go to a funeral for a newborn baby, the one I have been mentioning in my Fearless Friday posts. Mary Catherine was born last week, and as the family had been told by the doctors, she could not survive. Please pray for her sweet soul and for her family. We will be heading out to Mass in a few hours.





Lastly, today is the day I will explore legal options for dealing with the ramifications of long-term unemployment in a large family. I will do this alone because my husband starts his job, and I'm more than a little nervous about my meeting today.





All sorts of emotional today.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my, sounds like a full day for you. So sorry to hear about Mary Catherine. I will keep her family and loved ones in my prayers.

Thank you for stopping by and sharing about St. Monica, mother of St. Augustine. I have often read about her and how her top mission in life was her son. She would follow him to the worst of places and continue to pray for him. She passed away shortly after he surrendered to God, and boy was he resisting Him. Maybe I'll read some more about her. Each time I do, God highlights some further truths. Thank you for reminding me and thank you so much for your encouraging words to this tired mama.

Sending peace your way on this Monday.

MTJ said...

Hi Lily,

I will grieve with you and I will rejoice with you. I pray all goes well today in your meeting. Congratulations on your husband's employment.

Blessings and peace.

MTJ

Wanda said...

Father, I thank you that you've already gone ahead of Lily as she goes about the tasks for today. Strengthen her and give her wisdom and understanding as she mets the challenges in today.

Angela said...

Praying for all intentions sister...Praising God for going on before you at this meeting to make the crooked places straight and the rough patches smooth..Praying for the family also and for the wee one that has gone to be with our Lord and Savior...sigh....bigger sigh...sigh...

Alexandra said...

What a great bit of news! God does provide...it may take a while, but it's always in His time.

Mary Catherine is a beautiful name! My daughter's middle name is Catherine. There is an angel in heaven to look out for her momma. She knows she was loved, if just for a little while.