Tuesday, October 19, 2010

20 Years of Wedded Bliss!

It has not always been perfect, but the sum total of all of our years together is 20 years of wedded bliss.


10-20-10 = 20 years for my husband and me.




This is 10-20-90



Isn't the church beautiful? I regret that the ugly (and long since removed) chandelier blocks the view of the breathtaking stained glass window. I tried to find it online but could not.



This is in the limosine after the Mass, before pictures.




Notice the red bouquet?

I wanted all red, but my Mom said it was too dramatic for a bride to carry all red.

Too dramatic? I can laugh now...

This picture is on the steps of the chapel at Vassar College.

We were not married there, but it was walking distance from the church.

We did not walk, however, we took the limo.

Back to dramatic...





The extra-long cathedral train was pretty dramatic.
As was the head gear! Look at that 1990 poof!
And the sleeves? Maybe we should not discuss the sleeves from 1990!
Oh, how I loved that dress!
To tell the truth, I still do!


And this, this is my beautiful Mommy, wearing her very dramatic, red corsage!

We lost her 5 years ago on 11-20-2005

When this picture was taken, she was one year older than I am today.

One year from now I hope to look half this good!

Happy anniversary to the other half of my heart, my soulmate.

I pray God blesses us with at least another 20 more!



This post is linked to Rednesday. The perfect day for my anniversary as I love all things RED. My love of red should be obvious, after viewing my bridal bouquet!! Happy Rednesday!!


22 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary!

Blessings!
Gail

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

What a sweet post! Happy 20th anniversary!
You are a beautiful bride and your Mom looked so happy in this photo. I'm sure these photos bring back such wonderful memories...doesn't time go by too fast?

happy Rednesday!

♥ Pat

Shawn said...

Happy Anniversary!

www.coloradobeckers.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary! Great pics!

elena maria vidal said...

Happy Anniversary!

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh Lily,
happy 20th wedding anniversary!!!! What magnificent pictures--and what a beautiful couple you are!!!
XO

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary. Thanks for sharing your pics.

Bunnym said...

Happy Anniversary!! Love the little touch of red! Today is our Anniversary too...19 years...we're practically twins...lol

have fun!!

bunny

A Mommy's Joy said...

Thank you so much for following me at amommysjoy.blogspot.com! I am now a new follower of your blog! Yay!!

LV said...

Thank you for letting us share this special anniversary with you. No marriage is perfect and never will be. Now days, 20 years is almost unheard of. Blessings to you both for many more blissful years.

craftyles said...

Happy Anniversary to you! I love the red in your bouquet! Your Mom was beautiful and looked so happy in the picture!

★Carol★ said...

Happy Anniversary! You rocked that poof and those sleeves!
Happy REDnesday!
Carol

Sally Annie Magundy said...

Happy 20th Anniversary! What great photos! Your mom is so lovely, I'm sorry she couldn't be with you to share this anniversary.

Happy Rednesday,
Sally

Martha said...

Happy Anniversary Lily!

Wow, 20 years! We just had our 21st on the 7th of this month. Seems strange to think it sometimes doesn't it? Two decades....

Your dress was beautiful and your flowers were gorgeous. May you have 20 X 2 (at least) more happy years together!

Blessings,
Martha

Angela said...

May God continue to be gracious to you both in your marriage and bless you and make His face shine upon you. amen amen amen..what a perfect Rednesday post...Your mother is beautiful....sigh......Thanks for sharing your life with us sis..this was a beautiful post.

Barbara Jean said...

congratulations, Beautiful pictures.

blessings
barbara jean

Jill L said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

Kranky Granny said...

Happy Anniversary. Lovely wedding photos.

I am so happy to see the Madonna on your side bar. So few Catholics post it on their blog. Nice to see.

Thanks for the visit to my ruby Tuesday. Your comment was like adding icing to a cake.

Icy BC said...

Congrats on your anniversary!

Summerysmile said...

Yay! Congratulations on your 20th Anniversary!! I pray for many more happy, healthy years for you two -- through all the ups and downs that will come along the way! God Bless, Lily!

Alexandra said...

Happy anniversary to you both! What a fabulous dress and you looked beautiful. So sorry you lost your mom, but you've got a very special someone looking out for you up above.

Self Sagacity said...

The red is gorgeous, thanks for sharing your wedding photos with us.
Also for stopping by my Rednesday post. I am catching up with my comments now.