Saturday, October 2, 2010
Well, I am very far behind!! CMash Loves to Read gave me this award ages ago, and I am just getting around to picking it up now...thank you! Cheryl hosted Tuesday Table Talk for a while, which I enjoyed quite a bit. She has a lovely blog with lots of good books to read on it! Stop by and tell her Lily sent you!
Now for the criteria:
To accept the award you must link back and thank the person who gave you the Life is Good award and answer the 10 questions and pass it along to 6 other blogs :)
1. If you blog anonymously are you happy doing it that way; if you are not anonymous do you wish you had started out anonymously so you could be anonymous now?
I do blog anonymously and I am happy doing so. I made the decision to blog, and I do not want my ramblings to have any effect on the lives of my husband (professionally) or of my children. I was glad for this decision when my husband ended up unemployed. A google search of his name by potential employers would not have resulted in finding my blog!
2.Describe one incident that shows your inner stubborn side.
I don't really consider myself stubborn. Then again, I may be, but I live with a few people that redefine the term "stubborn" every day. Therefore, living in that setting, I just cannot call myself stubborn. (That character trait is found on my husband's side!!)
3.What do you see when you really look at yourself in the mirror?
Someone I like, overall, who could stand to lose a few pounds.
4. What is your favorite summer cold drink?
5. When you take time for yourself, what do you do?
Read, blog, crochet, sew, needlepoint, play games with my kids.
6.Is there something you still want to accomplish in your life? What is it?
I'm pretty happy with my life the way it is. I would love to take all the kids to Disney. We did that when some were too little to remember, and I was carrying my youngest. I would love them all to go again.
7. When you attended school, were you the class clown, the class overachiever , the shy person, or always ditching?
I was fairly popular, did many different things, actually chose social activities over academics, and still managed to do well in school.
8. If you close your eyes and want to visualize a very poignant moment of your life what would you see? The birth of my first child.
So many, birth and death, both very poignant events.
9. Is it easy for you to share your true self in your blog or are you more comfortable writing posts about other people or events?
I do share a lot of myself (another reason I'm glad to remain anonymous).
10. If you had the choice to sit down and read or talk on the phone, which would you do and why?
Read, definitely read. I will chat in person, but less so on the phone. I'm not a phone person.
To pass this award on, I wanted to recognize blogs that, in my mind, epitomize "Life is Good", as the award is named: