Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Surprise!

One of the things that I have enjoyed during my experiment of blogging and seeing if I can actually do this 'writing thing' is that my mind has been challenged in some really exciting ways. When I have had 'writer's block' which I really haven't had in the truest sense, I go to Helium and peruse titles. I find myself mulling over some topic that may never have crossed my mind, EVER before. Sometimes I just write about it, totally off the cuff. Other times I think about it for a few hours or days. Occasionally I will research a topic and form an opinion on it. Many of the articles are about things I never really gave too much thought to before trying to write about it. Fun, fun, fun.

Well, surprise, surprise! I found myself writing to a debate question tonight. The topic is "Should it be compulsory for couples to sign a prenuptial agreement before marriage?" Not only will my husband raise an eyebrow over the debate topic, he will also check that he is actually reading my article. He may wonder if he called up the wrong author on this one. I surprised myself with what I wrote, and which side I chose. Click on the red button on the left side to see what I wrote. You may have to scroll to find the button. Let me know what you thought. It is a debate, feedback is fun!

2 comments:

Katherine T. Lauer said...

Clever twist on the idea of a prenuptial agreement. I think your position is well argued.

Lily said...

Thanks, Katherine! It isn't doing well in the ratings, I guess many didn't like the idea of using a prenup to improve marital happiness and success. Most of the other articles seem to focus on protection of assets. It is unfortunate that even in marriage so many people are still focusing on me, me, me. Or, it could be that the article was too long for Helium. That was my husband's take on it.